The total number of applications for admission to the universities of Kharkiv region is 219,000, says Head of Education of Kharkiv Regional State Administration Anatoly Babichev, informs Kharkiv Today (RU).
The most popular among students traditionally became V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University (Karazin KNU). A total of 29,000 applications were submitted. Most applications were submitted in the specialty of “right” – 1,595. The contest is 69 people for one place.
In second place National Technical University “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute” (NTU KPI) – 22,000 applications were received. The maximum amount of state orders in 2016 – 1,366 people.
The third leader is Yaroslav the Wise Kharkiv National Law University (KNLU) – almost 18,000 applications. The maximum state order in 2016 is 1,434 people.
12,000 of prospective students applied to Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics (KNURE). Most applications were submitted to the computer science – 1,155. Competition for this specialty is 9 people per place.
The same number of applications was filed to Semen Kuznets Kharkiv National University of Economics (KNUE). The maximum state order – 460 people.
The most popular specialties among prospective students are the following:
- Medicine (Kharkiv National Medical University), stomatology (only four budget places) – applied 1,067 people: competition is 266 people per one place.
- Computer Science and Information Technology (NTU KPI)
- Right (Yaroslav the Wise KNLU)
- Management (Kuznets KNUE)
- Computer engineering (NTU KPI)
- Philology, foreign languages (Karazin KNU)
- Software Engineering (KNURE) submitted 953 applications, the competition is 8 people per place.
According to the number of applications Karazin University entered the top 10 most popular universities in Ukraine.
Feel free to check our recent posts: Kharkiv universities are among the leaders again and Database launched for students of all IT-specialties of Ukrainian universities.