The Cabinet of Ministers has published data on monitoring the socio-economic development for regions in 2015 and Kharkiv was first among equals
Out of all regions, Kharkiv is in the top five in the following areas:
- 1st – availability and quality of services in education
- 2nd – renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
- 3rd – financial self-sufficiency
- 3rd – rational use of natural resources and environmental quality
- 5th – development of small and medium-sized enterprises
According to the overall rating assessment of socio-economic development for 2015, first place went to Kiev (city), second to Kharkiv region, third to Chernivtsi region.
“It’s a nice precedent for us. We worked hard on it,” said the head of Kharkiv Regional State Administration, Igor Rainin.
BACKGROUND: The overall rating of the regions is based on 64 indicators, grouped into 12 areas. On 5 lines Kharkiv region is among the top five.